In order to ensure successful output of the files you send us we suggest that you use this preflight checklist before creating your PDFs for submission.
Although we run a preflight check when we receive your files, by conducting your own preflight check before submission you can avoid delays associated with common layout problems.
Below you will find a simple but effective checklist for file submission. Please verify all items on the following list for all of your pages prior to creating your high resolution PDFs.
- Are your pages built to the proper trim size?
- Have you converted all your colors from RGB to CMYK?
- Have all bleeds been set correctly?
- Are your images 300 dpi resolution at the size they will be used?
- Is black text using only black (not registration black or any CMYK build)?
- Are your files named properly?
- Do you have a Century PDF export preset for your design program?