Please review the additional Customer Help Center pages & document for additional information about how to submit your electronic files.
- We strongly recommend using a professional quality page layout program such as InDesign or QuarkXPress for creating your page layouts.
- All pages are to be built to the actual final trim size of your magazine. For instance: if your final publication size is 8 3/8″ x 10 7/8″ your document size in your page layout program should also be 8 3/8″ x 10 7/8″.
- All bleeds should exceed the final trim size by a minimum of 1/8″.
- All copy should be kept a minimum 1/8″ from final trim.
- Black text must contain only black (no Cyan, Magenta or Yellow, no RGB black).
- Type over white or light backgrounds should be black or very dark. Type over black or dark backgrounds should be white or very light.
- To maintain quality, black text should be a minimum 6-pt sans serif medium font.
- To maintain quality, reverse type should be a minimum 8-pt sans serif bold face font.
- To maintain quality, overprint type should be a minimum 6-pt sans serif bold face font.
Images & Rules
- Line work scans should have a minimum effective resolution of 600 dpi.
- Convert images to CMYK color mode using UCR, with a maximum density of 300%, and a maximum black of 85% or specify “U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2” as CMYK profile prior to converting from RGB to CMYK.
- For rules and lines specify line thickness to maintain consistency. The use of “hairline” rules or lines should be avoided.